MCCU CONNECT DOCUMENTATION
MCCU CONNECT DOCUMENTATION
Social Media for Evangelism and discipleship
Our website is one of the lowest ranked in traffic in the world since very few members do visit it. It could be because, the website does not offer relevant materials needed by the members.
Statistics show that 90% of Millennial use social media and we thought it’s good as a church to develop a social media platform, purely our own.
A community is longing for hope, purpose, and belonging – a church can offer that. But if we think a 45-minute talk in a week inside a church building is the best way to offer that – we’re doing it wrong. The statistics paint a very clear picture: social media plays a central role in how we communicate, and it’s only becoming more widely used and more pervasive.
MCCU CONNECT really is a great way to interact with MCCU members and other church members outside MCCU fraternity! It offers a fun and informal way to communicate with members and associates with real transparency. Why not share behind-the-scenes moments, birthdays, celebrations and ministry achievements across our accounts? This will always resonates with followers who interact with each other on a regular basis – therefore the union will also gain more traction.
According to research, over 46% of church planters say that social media is their most effective method of outreach. Think about that for a second . . . out of all the possible outreach methods, almost half of today’s church plants are seeing a bigger return for time they invest into social media than anything else.
With MCCU CONNECT, we can create an awareness of our ministry and send people to our website where they can learn more.
There are some great software solutions out there for churches to use to facilitate digital community. But one thing that’s fantastic about MCCU CONNECT is the fact that most of the members will be there every day.
Using MCCU CONNECT Forum for ministries or studies is an incredibly easy (and free) to keep everyone together and on the same page. Members can create forums/groups for prayer, E-Team groups, Bible studies, classes, or lifestyle forum/groups for members that like to do things like hike or retreat. We can make them as private as we want, and we can invite people outside MCCU too. This gives people another level of exposure and interaction with MCCU.
MCCU CONNECT events are another stellar (excellent) way to raise awareness for an event. You can invite everyone in MCCU, and they can invite others, too. All updates and important information can be communicated in the event group. And, again, the great thing about it is every member will be on MCCU CONNECT. YOU’RE MEETING PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE.
WHY MCCU CONNECT?
1. MCCU CONNECT can help us to be where our audience are
As a church, your job is to help & serve others. The question is, how can you serve someone if you do not go to or be where they are?
2. MCCU CONNECT can help us influence
As custodians of God’s word, we are called to influence the world. We are the salt and light of the world. We are the yeast that is destined to influence the dough. We are the vessels that carry solutions to the world’s biggest problems. And MCCU CONNECT can be where people are asking the questions, looking for answers and spending time researching.
3. MCCU CONNECT can help us educate
If you are in teaching ministry you should be on social media. Period. Social media is well suited for education from a technical and design perspective
4. MCCU CONNECT can help us disciple
Discipling takes time. And time is a big challenge for people today. Even the ones who are keen to go through a discipleship program may have the heart, but not the time. If we structure our discipleship program around MCCU CONNECT (where members have already joined and use it daily) we will have a higher chance of being effective.
5. MCCU CONNECT can help us build a community
God’s plan for His Church is to operate as a community. And social media networks are designed to facilitate community building. That is why I believe the Church and social media are such a good fit. Building a community online requires specific technology, features and infrastructure. MCCU CONNECT comes with those features already built in – members only content, group events, group calendar, privacy settings, instant messaging facility, notifications, etc.
6. MCCU CONNECT can help us make ministry announcements
MCCU CONNECT channels are mostly accessed by people using their mobile devices. Which means any communication going through MCCU CONNECT can be instantly delivered to the recipient. That is why MCCU CONNECT is such a good tool for MCCUs and to make announcements to their congregation. Using MCCU CONNECT for announcements can also make life easier for MCCU members. They need not log into multiple websites, software and apps to get church related information. They can get it in a channel that they anyway use.
7. MCCU CONNECT can help us sell our products
MCCU CONNECT has a fast integratedeCommerce platforms. If you have products or services that you like people to buy, you should consider using MCCU CONNECT for eCommerce.
8. MCCU CONNECT can help us receive funds
MCCU CONNECT already has a built in ‘Advertising system’. This system can help us advertise other companies of members’ services, groups or even boasting posts. We can make it easier for people who like to partner with us financially. Putting in mind, this is the only way we can earn revenue from MCCU CONNECT. If the site has a good number of active members, more companies will be willing to advertise on MCCU CONNECT. However we can earn from the site by having members subscribing as pro members, this feature will be introduced later.
9. MCCU CONNECT can help us to minister to people when they are away
When the members are not in school,and they may not be able to attend some of the events or church services. If we use MCCU CONNECT to LIVE stream or make available recorded content of church services, this will help them have continuity of learning. We are still implementing the LIVE STREAM FEATURE and shall be out in the future release.
10. MCCU CONNECT can help us get feedback
Collecting feedback can be crucial to the growth of a ministry.After experiencing tough times as MCCU on getting feedback from members on different subjects like how long would you like the service to last? It was so hard to get satisfying answers from members Knowing what people want, how they feel and what they think can make all the difference to your planning. MCCU CONNECT is an easy convenient and powerful tool to collect such information. You can make use tools like MCCU CONNECT Polls and MCCU CONNECTFORUM platform. The additional benefit of these tools is, every time we use these tools, the overall engagement in each of these channels increases. An increase in engagement means a better ranking in the channel’s algorithm.
11. MCCU CONNECT can help us tonurture our reading and writing skills
MCCU CONNECT has a super pretty good BLOG system with so many categories, members can be able to write articles as well as read other members articles.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Alongside our website we have developed Android and iOS Apps. We completed working on the ANDROID apps and uploaded them on our APPSTORE. We have android timeline app which is 90% NATIVE and 10% WEBVIEW. However, we have not implemented all the features in the app. For instance, you cannot access the forum through our app neither can you create a blog through the app but you can read members articles through the app. For you to access full features of MCCU CONNECT, we recommend to open the website www.mccuconnect.com in your browser. If you’re using mobile phones, we recommend you to use Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for better results. However, we still working hard to implement all the features in the app.
We have also developed android MESSENGER app, which provides a fast chat capability with other members.
If you’re a Desktop user, we have windows messenger for your Desktop or Laptop
We’re still working hard to come up with the iOS version and it will be out after a few months. This will benefit IPHONE users.
To answer the question why isn’t our apps on Google PlayStore? We want to assure members we will consider uploading the apps on playstore once we have $25 registration fee.
We won’t be able to upload on Apple Store very soon since they charge $99/year per members account.
MCCU CONNECT FEATURES
• News Feed
• Events Creation and Listing
• User Profile Design
• Timeout Session
• User Login Trial Limit
• Auto-Follow Account System
• Feed Sharing
• Music, Video, and File Upload/Download
• Multilingual (can be translated to other languages)
• Social Login
• Group and Page System
• Live Chat in groups and pages
• Private Messaging
• Like and Reaction System
• Word Ban Filters (ability to blacklist “insensible” words)
• Blog (users can also create or write an article)
• Forum (discussion forums on relevant topics or matters or bible study)
• Advanced Advertisement System (Ability to sponsor adverts: Users have to pay before submitting an Ad )
• Online Payment (Stripe and PayPal) etc.
MCCU CONNECT is not just a trend that will fade away. It will be an evolution that is here to stay. It will continue to grow and influence the way we communicate with each other. As a church, the earlier we adapt and get on this platform, the more we will reap the rewards in future.
Term Of Use (TOS)
We run this website and permits its use according to the following terms and conditions:
1. Using this website implies your acceptance of these conditions. If you do not fully accept them, your entry to this site will be considered unauthorized and you will have to stop using it immediately
2. You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
4. You are responsible for keeping your account secure.
5. You must not abuse, harass, threaten or intimidate other Mccuconnect users.
6. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the Mccuconnect service.
7. You must not modify, adapt or hack Mccuconnect or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Mccuconnect
8. You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Mccuconnect members (“Spam”).
9. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
10. You must not, in the use of Mccuconnect, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
11. You must use your real names as Identity.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Mccuconnect account. While Mccuconnect prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Mccuconnect cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Mccuconnect service at your own risk.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Mccuconnect service for any reason, without notice at any time.
3. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. Mccuconnect service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on Mccuconnect to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on Mccuconnect must provide a link back to Mccuconnect.
We do our best to keep Mccuconnect safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Mccuconnect safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Mccuconnect.
2. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Mccuconnect, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Mccuconnect.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
6. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
7. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
8. You will not use Mccuconnect to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
9. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Mccuconnect, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Mccuconnect functionality.
10. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
2. Registration and Account Security
Mccuconnect users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Mccuconnect, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Mccuconnect Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use Mccuconnectif you are under 8.
6. You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Copyright (What’s Yours is Yours):
1. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Mccuconnect service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any text and images you have stored in the system.
2. We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Every day, people come to Mccuconnect to share their stories, see the world through the eyes of others and connect with friends and causes. The conversations that happen on Mccuconnect reflect the diversity of a community of more than five thousand people.
We want people to feel safe when using Mccuconnect. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of Community Standards, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed on Mccuconnect, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Sometimes we will allow content if newsworthy, significant or important to the public interest – even if it might otherwise violate our standards. Because of the diversity of our global community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our Community Standards.
Please keep the following in mind:
• We may take action any time something violates the Community Standards outlined here.
• We may ask Page owners to associate their name and Mccuconnect Profile with a Page that contains cruel and insensitive content, even if that content does not violate our policies.
• Reporting something doesn’t guarantee that it will be removed because it may not violate our policies.
• Our content reviewers will look to you for information about why a post may violate our policies. If you report content, please tell us why the content should be removed (e.g., is it nudity or hate speech?) so that we can send it to the right person for review.
• Our review decisions may occasionally change after receiving additional context about specific posts or after seeing new, violating content appearing on a Page or Mccuconnect Profile.
• The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove content simply because it has been reported a number of times.
• The consequences for violating our Community Standards vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person’s history on Mccuconnect. For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person’s ability to post on Mccuconnect or ban the person from Mccuconnect.
Not all disagreeable or disturbing content violates our Community Standards. For this reason, we offer you the ability to customize and control what you see by unfollowing, blocking, and hiding the posts, people, Pages, and applications you don’t want to see. People also often resolve issues they have about a piece of content by simply reaching out to the person who posted it when you’re unhappy with their posts, photos, or other content
Last updated on: September 30, 2017
Information Collection and Use
We uses information we collect to analyze how the Service is used, diagnose service or technical problems, maintain security, personalize content, remember information to help you efficiently access your account, monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, and track User Content and users as necessary to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws.
You provide us information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address, if you register for a member account with the Service. Your name and other information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the Service. We may use your email address to send you Service-related notices. You can control receipt of certain Service-related messages on your Settings page. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
You also provide us information in User Content you post to the Service. Your posts and other contributions on the Service, and metadata about them (such as when you posted them), are publicly viewable on the Service, along with your name (unless the Service permits you to post anonymously). This information may be searched by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Web in accordance with our Terms of Service.
If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation. We stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service.
When you visit the Service, we may send one or more “cookies” – small data files – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and let Mccuconnect help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may convey anonymous information about how you browse the Service to us, but does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Third Party Services:
We may use Google Analytics or Mixpanel to help understand use of the Service. Google Analytics and Mixpanel collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address. Google Analytics and Mixpanel also receive this information and their use of it is governed by their Privacy Policies.
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information:
We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as if you choose to sign on to the Service through a third-party service. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information.
Mccuconnect may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect Mccuconnect’s rights or property.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Mccuconnect services.
How We Protect Your Information
We uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Mccuconnect or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case Mccuconnect may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account.
Links to Other Web Sites
Last updated on: September 30, 2017
© 2018MCCU ICT Team | All Rights Reserved
February 15, 2018
July 18, 2017
July 13, 2017